Duesday

Welcome, Truthseekers!  Tonight Mike will discuss the controversy over the new Obama appointees, is all this extraneous noise appropriate, or just more cage-rattling from the flying monkey right?  Join us LIVE at 9PM ET for this and other noteworthy topical discussions!  877-996-2556!

Join us in our new venture in the New Year!  Your contributions now will enable us to grow in new directions and spread the progressive message to a larger audience, which is great news for all of us. You can help us now by subscribing to a podcast for yourself or as a gift, or by donating a podcast for our weekly trivia contest (and help a needy Truthseeker as an added bonus!) You can also sponsor an hour of the program to promote your cause, advertise your small business, or send a holiday greeting.  A Malloy sponsorship message or podcast subscription is a gift the Truthseekers on your holiday list are sure to appreciate – and can’t return to the mega-malls!

Please  click on the “truthseeker” tab above to make a contribution.  You know your contribution is supporting broadcast independence – free from corporate influence -  and making  a positive difference and help us keep it lit for years to come!

9 Responses to Duesday

1. Chris says:

I’m really not a right winger. I have to say that because I think the whole gun discussion is out of hand. Mike has mentioned before he is a gun owner, I shoot skeet, no animals. I find it irresponsible to treat all gun owners like crazies or criminals.

Take that article in the newspaper that listed all the gun owners in New York. Why instead of picking on legal gun owners didn’t they list people with criminal gun history instead of law abiding citizens? What was the motive?

And I can’t understand a Government who claims to hate violence, still funds wars, conflicts and drones. IT DOES’NT pass the smell test. So what really is the agenda?

I wouldn’t be skeptical if our Government had our best interest in mind but as of lately I don’t see anything but them taking our money and our rights like NDAA , free speech zones. Harassing peaceful Occupy demonstrators. Picking on the poor while filthy rich bankers run the show. So I might just stand with not rearranging the Second Amendment to the politicians will. It may be the only issue of common ground.

2. Chris says:

Just remember, the politicians want us all fighting each other on this issue. In chaos they STEAL. We need to stand together. Otherwise they will tear us apart.

3. chucky says:

Chris….I think it’s possible that the reason the gun control debate has gotten out of control is because nobody knows how to frame their arguements properly. The people that cling to the 2nd ammendment like an infant clings to it’s binky say “Obama wants my guns”, or “You’ll take my guns from my cold, dead hands”. The people who simply want some common sense regulations put in place can’t properly explain their position, that they don’t want to get rid of all guns, but get some background checks, or banning clips containing more that 10 rounds, or stiffer prison terms for crimes committed with guns. Nobody has a need for a clip that has 100 rounds. Neither side is being effective at stating their points.

The government hating violence? Respectfully you’re making the mistake of taking their words at face value. They may hate violence, until there’s money to be made from it. THAT is their agenda. The rich get richer. Simple as that.

Keep one thing in mind. The governmemnt has no interest in the publics common good, or the countrys common good, or anything that would be good for you. They’re only interested in their own power, and they want to keep it and expand it further. It’s been that way for long, long time now. It doesn’t matter if we have blast some brown people and their children into red mist. That is called collateral damage, and they don’t give damn.

By the way, did you hear that the Aurora movie theater shooter had something like 40 different guns, and about 6300 rounds of ammo? All purchased legally. He passed whatever background checks that were imposed on him. So maybe something more than background checks are needed. Just a thought.

4. I Love Lucifer says:

Regarding guns in this country, we have two problems:

1. We have the NRA which has far too much influence on our government and major media.

2. We have this fanatical mania prevalent in so many Americans of WORSHIP GUNS! WORSHIP GUNS! WORSHIP GUNS! GUNS AND JESUS! GUNS AND JESUS! GUNS AND JESUS!

5. Denny NNWofLA says:

Didn’t you know that Jesus had a 50 cal. mounted
    on his dinosaur? It was great for clearing asses
    out of the way!

6. chucky says:

And here I thought he drove a Cadillac! Damn!

7. Chris says:

If that round amount is true, that is crazy. And it’s crazy that didn’t send up a red flag. Will ending violent movies and video games be part of the ban the President will announce at the end of the month?

The actress from the “Hunger Games” just won the “Peoples Choice Awards”. A movie about children killing each other to the last person.

There is a lot to fix. Why can’t we do that without the “Big Brother” Government?

I

8. j meggeson says:

Progressive radio was removed from Portland OR several months ago. It’s been replaced by 24/7 sports. :-( and grrrrrr!

Is Mike talking at all about a successful third party run and how to go about it? Or…an issue based movement? OWS seems to have been beaten and tasered into submission, tho I could be wrong. By third party I don’t mean Gary Johnson but I do like Jill Stein.

9. j meggeson says:

And….Howard Dean has recently not ruled out a run in 2016. I was a proud Deaniac and still am.

Sorry that both these posts were off-topic.